Friday, August 3, 2007

And Baby Makes 19!!!!

I just read about a family who just welcomed their 17th child into their brood!!! First off, I have to say Holy Cow that is a lot of children. I then have to think about the social ramifications of having so many children. With the rising cost of education, not to mention the cost of diapers, food and housing, I'm not sure how a family of 19 can possible survive on a day to day basis. Some people argue that having this many children is socially irresponsible and that it is a drain on our already dwindling eco-system. Others will argue that if you can afford and take care of the children, you should be allowed to have as many children as you can. In any event, this situation is news worthy and I wish them all the best of luck.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20097968/from/ET/

No comments: