Sunday, July 29, 2007

Helping Kids Cope With Divorce

Many time I have clients asking me whether I have any ideas to help their small children cope with an impending divorce. I usually suggest therapy or other professionals who are trained to help children talk about their feelings and help them come to terms with what is going on in their lives. Many times couples don't believe that their children need any professional guidance and just want to know about a few things they can do at home to help their children with this transition. I found the following link from a California divorce attorney that gives parents some helpful tips that they can do on their own to help transition their children once the divorce process has been commenced:

http://www.cadivorce.com/library/divorceandchildren/lcdactivitiestohelpdealwithdivorce.shtml

No comments: