I was listening to the radio the other day and they were talking about a Cosmopolitan Magazine article that addressed positive things that people learned from their divorce. So much about divorce is negative, but there are positive things that are learned and after searching the web, I found that there is a lot of information out there about the positive things that come from divorce. Here are just a few of the positive things that I found people saying about their divorce.
1. You can face anything, meaning that divorce was really difficult and after knowing that you could get through something that difficult, you had confidence in yourself that you could face difficult things in life and be able to get through them.
2. Positive things can come out of something so negative. No matter how awful something is, there is always something good that has come out of it.
3. You can't control everything, so sometimes you have to let go. Divorce teaches you that soften times things are out of your control. Learning how to let go of things and allow some things to run their course can be quite liberating.
4. Looking forward rather than backwards can solve a lot of problems. In order for you to move on in a divorce, which includes letting go of your anger towards your cheating spouse in order to co-parent your children, helps you heal and move on. Looking backwards does not solve problems, looking forward does.
5. You are never too old to start over. Embracing change no matter how old you are is a good thing and can open doors that you may have thought were closed forever, whether that is going back to school, venturing into the work place for the first time or moving to a new home.
Please let me and others know what positive things have come out of your divorce.