Thursday, December 20, 2007

Breaking A Trend

In past years the week before Christmas has been a notoriously slow week for family law attorneys. This was mostly due to people wanting to wait until after the holiday season to start divorce proceedings, judges being out on vacation, and people being without the funds to hire an attorney for a divorce or other family law related matter. This year, I have been unusually busy, and the only thing that I can think of that is contributing to being as busy as I am the week before Christmas is the slow economy and terrible housing market. If you have any information as to why people are choosing not to wait until the new year to start their divorce, please provide me with some insight.

1 comment:

Dick Price said...

This has been a busy year for my office also. Most of my last-minute work seems to be in the categories of holiday visitation issues, trying to finish a divorce before the end of the year or people ready to start a divorce, perhaps because the holidays get them thinking about family and how they would like their lives to be.