Sunday, October 28, 2007

Announcing Divorce Via Email

I have found a few articles about announcing that you are going through a divorce and whether email was the appropriate outlet to do this. At first I didn't think that this topic was "blog worthy", but this morning, I stumbled across yet another article about a person who announced the finalization of his divorce via a mass email. The general revelation from this article is that divorce is such a common place thing these days that its no longer taboo to broadcast to the masses that you are going through a divorce. I, for one, am not a big fan of the mass email for any announcement of big news, including divorce, but I understand the inclination to send one email out to everyone you know in order to avoid telling your divorce story over and over again. I would just be careful who you send the email to and what you say in the email. Divorce, although no longer taboo, is still a sensitive subject.

To read the story upon which this blog is based, see: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/fashion/weddings/28field.html?ref=weddings

No comments: